turkey

turkey

Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Aslan is on the Move!"

This morning I woke up with these words on my heart, "Aslan is on the move",  granted it probably had something to do with Ezra waking me up at 5 am roaring and proclaiming she was a lion,  (it's funny now but it wasn't then) we've been talking a lot about lions lately with the girls since Judah's middle name is Aslan, turkish for "Lion" :).... Anyway, for the past couple days I've felt a growing anticipation and stirring in my heart that the King is on the move and responding to our cry in big ways, I've also felt the manifestation of it with a very active little "lion" cub in my tummy. :)

I just wanted to update everyone on how Judah's doing and other news:

Yesterday I had my Level II Fetal monitoring (that I've been dreading to go to all week). Last week the doctor (the same one that encouraged me to get an abortion because he thought my baby would not be able live a "normal" life) told me that it didn't look good and that Judah was entering into critical danger with evidence of hydrops and heart failure and that he didn't know if he would make it to intervention day. Well, whatever his purposes were they were used for good because it really got us on our knees praying for "God's intervention" and for Him to slow down/stop the process of Hydrops and polyhydramnios and for the surgery to be moved up if at all possible.

So, yesterday at the sonogram we were all pleased to find that Judah's condition seemed to be stabilized and there was only little evidence of increased fluids in his abdomen, heart and under his skin in his head. There was also only a slight increase in my amniotic fluids and evidence of a full bladder, meaning he's receiving more than he was! Praise God!!

Then this morning I received a call from the Boston hospital that they were moving up surgery day to Monday- Tuesday (Nov.2nd and 3rd)!!! Another huge answer to prayer as each day is critical for Judah right now. Earlier in the week I was told that it may not be till Thursday, so needless to say receiving this call was a HUGE relief.

I want to thank everyone again for your support and PRAYERS! We literally feel them and can see God at work as a result.

At church on Sunday we were so blessed and encouraged to receive corporate prayer and also at the women's retreat I attended this past weekend.
In addition, a dear friend of ours has organized a "Round the Clock Prayer" calendar for us during this next week. We will be keeping her updated so if you would like to participate and receive updates and prayer requests you can email Jaime at:  jjredcay@aol.com.

God is gracious and compassionate and always answers us in His perfect timing. There were times this week where dissappointment and fear gripped my heart and lingered beyond what I felt I could bear but God sustained me through it all and even though at times I lack faith and patience He still remains faithful and is unphased by my weakness; He will accomplish the things that He's set forth to accomplish. This is a promise I can trust.

A friend of mine shared Romans 5 with me and I've been meditating on it all week:
"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ., through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in Hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character, and proven character, hope; and Hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts though the Holy Spirit who was given to us, FOR WHILE WE WERE STILL HELPLESS, AT THE RIGHT TIME CHRIST DIED FOR US."

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are with you guys. Our daughter has HRHS caused by a condition known as Tricuspid Atresia. She also has many other issues that they think is related to a unknown syndrome. Her prognosis was very poor to start with, but she came out fighting and is NOW nearly 12 years old. Life is a roller coaster but it would be regardless of her condition as God has given us no promises of a event free life ;o) She is a delight, she is bright, doing great at school(normal level). She has several friends that HLHS, no one is going to tell you that its a easy road, but just take one day at a time, try to remember God is faithful, even though the toughest moments he is with us and never ever forsakes us.
    I am following your blog and can't wait to see your beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete